Ewa heads the Polish Desk as part of a strategic partnership under the WH Partners brand with Izabella Żyglicka and Partners, a very well reputed full-service law firm in Poland and, a member of Ally Law. Ewa is an experienced business lawyer. She assists clients on matters related to gaming and gambling, contract law, M&A and IT law.
Ewa has gained extensive experience in the following fields:
• Gaming and gambling – she advises operators and suppliers, both Polish and foreign on Polish gaming and gambling laws; in particular, handling the process of obtaining licences, establishment and registration of Polish companies, advising on the preparation of documents such as policies, internal procedures, agreements, terms and conditions, as well as on intellectual property law, personal data protection, dispute resolution and litigation;
• IT and IP law – she advises on day-to-day legal and tax matters faced by Polish and foreign companies (including start-ups) in these areas;
• International contracts law – On an ongoing basis Ewa advises foreign companies operating on the Polish market on contracts with Polish counterparties, particularly in terms of production, distribution of machines and sales of services involving the IoT;
• Tax law – she effectively represents clients before tax authorities and administrative courts; she advises alternative investment funds (Alternative Investment Companies – ASI, Alternative Investment Management Companies – ZASI); she has authored publications in this field of law;
• M&A – Ewa has advised on deals varying in value up to large multimillion transactions.
Ewa Lejman is laureate of the Rising Stars Lawyers – the Leaders of Tomorrow 2015 competition. She was ranked 4th in Poland. She has been involved in pro bono organisations: Fundacja Etyka – Nie Zostałeś Sam (Ethics Foundation – You Are Not on Your Own) and Fundacja Mam Marzenie (I Have a Dream Foundation).